1. The politician says that he will __ the welfare of the people.
A prey on
B take on
C get at
D see to
2. We had difficulties at first but everything worked __ smoothly in the end.
3. There is no easy solution to Japans labor__.
4. This ticket__ you to a free meal in our new restaurant.
5. We need some sunshine; so we have__ up our minds to go abroad this year.
1. 选D①see to注意，照料Who is seeing to the arrangement for the next meeting? ②prey on猎取食物，折磨An eagle preys on smaller birds. ③take on 承担(任务)She took on the task with great courage. ④get at够得着Could you get at the top shelf?
2. 选B ①work out有好的结果I hope the new job works out for you.②work off借工作活动清除掉He often works off his anger.③work away继续In spite of all the difficulties, she worked away at her research work.④work up逐步形成，渐渐发展He worked up the firm from nothing.